I loved watching the looks on people's faces when we told them we were driving to Orlando with a 5 & 2 year old! I guess for some people, that is unthinkable, but we actually loved it! Our girls are such good travelers. They have really never known anything but riding in the car. However, I will say that if it were not for portable DVD players, coloring books & crayons, Leapsters, and the iPad & iPhone, we would have been in big trouble! What did we ever do before these modern technologies?!
Before we left, we gave the girls their "traveling presents." I had a lot of fun buying them new coloring books & fun things they could do in the car. We left at 8:00 in the morning on Thursday & drove 12 hours to Montgomery, AL. I was so glad that we were able to stop at Burns Park, just outside of Little Rock, AR for a picnic lunch. We stopped there a few years ago on our way to Disney, so it was special to be able to do it again. HOWEVER, it was FREEZING cold & the wind was blowing so hard. We ate really fast & the girls went down the slide a few times, and that was about it. It was back in the car, with our warm blankets & comfy pillows. We were packed into the car like sardines...there was literally not an extra inch of space! We even had a Princess "sick bowl" just in case...which, I hate to say, Madison did need it once. The poor little thing gets car sick sometimes, but overall she did great.
I have to say, I was glad to have Driving Day #1 behind us!
I'm pretty sure Mackenzie got into my lipstick before we left...
Here is a picture of Mackenzie during our car trip 2 years ago...looking at this picture makes me realize how grown up she is becoming.
Madison loved coloring with markers...and throwing the lids in the floorboard so I would have to find them. By the end of the day, she was banned from the markers!
This was before she actually had to "use" the bowl...true princess fans even have "princess throw-up bowls!" =0) Obviously, that wasn't the original purpose of this bowl, but hey, if you have to throw up, at least you can look at Princess's while you're doing it!
Here are some other pictures taken in the car...


Really, what would we do without the iPad & iPhone?!
This picture is absolutely hideous of me, but it's the only one of us all on this day, so here it is...ugh! I love my sweet family though!
We were so happy to be able to take our little princesses to Disney World again!
Mackenzie got very excited when she saw this slide & said that she remembered it from last time! As smart as she is, I don't doubt it!
It's hard to believe that Madison is so big now...last time we were here, she was just 8 months old...I love watching her grow, but I miss those baby days!
This is what she looked like 2 years ago, on our picnic at Burns Park. Obviously, the weather was much warmer then! Look at those chunky arms...precious!
This was so funny...this skirt is too big on Mack, and I forgot to safety pin it...while we were at the park, it kept falling down. She thought it was very funny. It was so cold, that we were the only ones there, so it was no big deal!
We made it to Montgomery around 8:30 or so. Everyone was happy to be out of the car!

This was the next morning...we ate breakfast at our Hotel before heading out for St. Petersburg. 
Madison loved coloring with markers...and throwing the lids in the floorboard so I would have to find them. By the end of the day, she was banned from the markers!
This was so funny...this skirt is too big on Mack, and I forgot to safety pin it...while we were at the park, it kept falling down. She thought it was very funny. It was so cold, that we were the only ones there, so it was no big deal!
No comments:
Post a Comment